Panama Repeatable Scored Best Place to Retire (2019)
Panama has scored for the 10th time as the best place to retire in the annual Global Retirement Index by International Living. Panama exceeded the categories of Benefits and Discounts, Visa and Residence. Besides, they scored high in Governance, Development, Healthy Lifestyle and Entertainment (Source: International living).
It isn’t surprising that Panama has repeatedly ranked as the best place to retire when you look at the list of benefits you receive as a retiree:
1. 50% discount on recreational and entertainment activities, such as cinemas, theaters, and sports. This includes concerts, tickets to museums, and theaters.
2. Discounts on public transport, such as the bus, boat, boat or plane.
3. You receive a discount on the regular prices of hotels, which will depend on the rate of the day you are staying.
4. A discount of 25% of the value of food consumption. Note that this discount doesn’t apply to franchise or international restaurant.
5. 15% discount in fast food restaurants. Note that this discount doesn’t apply to franchise or international restaurant.
6. A discount of 15% of the total bill at hospitals and private clinics.
7. A discount of 20% of the value of medicines in pharmacies.
8. Discount on medical services, such as consultations and dentistry.
9. Discount in the payment of the premium insurance in the sickness risk policies.
10. A discount of 20% of the fees for technical and professional services.
11. A discount of 20% of the price of all the prostheses, as well as for all the articles and accessories.
12. 50% discount on expenses on personal and commercial loan transactions.
13. Exempt from payment of FECI in personal and commercial loan transactions.
14. 15% discount on personal and commercial loans at the maximum interest rate which the law allows you to charge to financial entities, such as banks, financial institutions, cooperatives, and credit institutions.
15. A discount of 1% on the interest rate on mortgage loans.
16. Freezing property tax.
17. Exemption from the payment of the valuation rate.
18. A discount of 50% of the value of the passports.
19. A discount of 25% of the monthly electricity consumption.
20. A discount of 50% of the tax or airport fee.
22. A discount of 25% for telephone service.
23. A discount of 25% of the rate for water consumption, public or private entity.
24. 100% exemption in the Public Registry of the payment of the registration fee of the boards of directors, of certifications and registration of new legal entities, of the non-profit organizations of retirees, pensioners and the elderly.
Please note that it is required that you present your identity card and your Panamanian residence card, in case you are a foreigner.